It's summer. Time to get out. Here's a little push.
The city of Los Altos has announced the first '"Stride and Ride Festival," an interactive fitness and health event, on June 30th from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
"This is the inaugural year of the event which we hope will soon become a local tradition," wrote Kathy Kleinbaum, economic development officer.
The festival will be located in the Central Parking Plaza between First Street and Second Street (Plaza 4) and on the City-owned First and Main streets site.
The Stride and Ride Festival is a joint effort of the City of Los Altos and a collection of health and fitness businesses in town including: Los Altos Community Chiropractic, Body by Vi Challenge, , , , and .
The festival will include many fun interactive activities including:
• A free skate park and pro skate demo put on by Skateworks
• A Triathlon-in-Place on stationary bikes and treadmills organized by On Your Mark
• Bicycle and Pedestrian Rodeo put on by Safe Moves
• Free fitness classes (including zumba, pilates, and boot camp) from local fitness studios on two stages throughout the day
• A kid’s area with a bouncy house, obstacle course, and craft area organized by Play!• A visit from the Peninsula Roller Derby Girls
• A demonstration grass parklet area organized by Passerelle Investment Company
• Valet Bicycle Parking hosted by
• Over 40 booths featuring local health and fitness businesses
A full schedule of the day’s events will be available on the event website: www.strideandridelosaltos.com
For more information, contact Kathy Kleinbaum, Economic Development Manager of the City of LosAltos at 650-947-2620 or email@example.com