This could be easy. Or this could be hard.
Either way, count on Monday night’s Los Altos School Board meeting to be eventful, as the board’s self-imposed deadline to conclude negotiations with Bullis Charter School (BCS) over long-term facilities arrangements has arrived.
Ditto for the , which meets on the same night.
Among ten action or discussion items on the LASD agenda, the tentative long-term facilities discussion with is marked for a possible vote, and appears second among that group of items.
The board had set June 4 as its deadline to make a decision because sufficient lead time is needed prepare facilities for 2012-13 school year for the charter school, particularly if a new agreement is reached.
If no agreement is reached, the fallback agreement is the original offer made in compliance with the annual Prop. 39 facilities process, which would split the charter school on two campuses, Egan Jr. High School and Blach Intermediate School. The state Architect’s office has already given approval for those plans, so executing those would be the next step. With any new agreement, however, the school district must send detailed plans to state Architect’s office, meet with the state Architect’s representative and get approval to build first, presenting a time crunch to get everything done over the summer, said board member Doug Smith over the weekend.
The LASD board is also scheduled to discuss or vote upon:
- Art Docent Program Update
- BCS Tentative Long-Term Facilities Agreement Discussion
- LASD Board of Trustees/Los Altos City Council Joint Meeting Report
- Financial Update and a preview of the 2012-13 budget, including estimates of the impact of the governor’s proposals for revisions
- Summer Professional Development Activities
- Collective Bargaining - update on a tentative agreement with Los Altos Teachers Association to add a professonal development day
- Resolution #11/12-18, Request for and Consent to Consolidation of Elections and the Specifications of the Election Order
- Renewal of Lease Agreements with Childcare Providers consider renewing lease for childcare providers at Almond, Oak, and Santa Rita schools
- 2012-13 Board Meeting Calendar Review the first draft of the calendar
The Bullis Charter School Board has two items on its agenda: The longterm facilties offer, and its 2012-13 budget review.
Both boards have closed sessions on their agendas—as they have for the past few months—to discuss, in part, existing litigation and anticipated litigation.
Los Altos Patch will live blog the LASD board meeting Monday night.