The Los Altos City Council and the Los Altos School District normally leave matters of joint interest to a twice-yearly committee meeting.
But 2012 has proved to be an unusual year, ever since the Sixth District state Court of Appeal upheld the Bullis Charter School's lawsuit saying that the school was not being provided facilities in accordance with state law. When the district's appeal to the state Supreme Court was denied, things changed quickly.
The full boards will meet at 5:30 p.m. in the council chambers at City Hall to discuss:
- Traffic safety at Egan Jr. High School and Blach Intermediate School
- The tentative agreement between the Bullis Charter School and the school district
- Review of the bond survey results testing support for building a 10th campus and improvements to LASD schools
- LASD's response to a request to confirm the school district would not pursue eminent domain to acquire city-owned land
- LASD's need for a 10th campus
The council has made arrangments for overflow seating in the nearby Los Altos Youth Center. The proceedings will be televised through the city's community access channel and webstreamed at http://losaltosca.gov/citycouncil/online/index.html
In addition, Los Altos Patch will live blog the event.
In any case, if you are coming to the meeting, get there early for a seat inside the council chambers.