As we ponder the candidates and the issues of the Nov. 6 election, Los Altos Patch is devoted to bring you the information you need about every race in town. Bookmark this page for updates.
- Sample Ballot: To see your sample ballot, go to the League of Women Voters' "Smart Voter" website and enter your address in the "Find Your Own Election" form.
- Polling locations: Polling locations and precincts are also found when you fill out the "Fine Your Own Election" form.
- Early Voting: It's the last weekend of early voting! From 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. you can go to the county Registrar of Voters Office, 1555 Berger Drive, Bldg. 2, San Jose. "Early Voting" page on the Registrar of Voters' site.
- Mail-in Ballot: It's too late to mail, but you can hand-deliver your ballot to Los Altos City Hall, Los Altos Hills Town Hall or Foothill College, at the flag pole adjacent to the Administration Building (Building 1900), until 4:30 p.m. on Monday and Tuesday.
- Complete list of Drop Boxes: Work elsewhere? Many city halls and college campuses have voter ballot boxes that are available until 5 p.m. And the vote ballot box outside of the Registrar of Voters office, mentioned above, is available 24 hours a day through 8 p.m. Tuesday. See the link for the complete list of official Registrar's mail-in ballot drop boxes.
- Los Altos City Council: (three seats) Candidates Jon Baer, Jeannie Bruins, Anabel Pelham, Jan Pepper and Megan Satterlee (incumbent) and Jerry Sorensen
- Los Altos School Board: (two seats) Candidates: Amanda-Burke Aaronson, Vladimir Ivanovic (announced withdrawal from race), Pablo Luther and Steve Taglio (appointed incumbent)
- Purissima Hills Water District: (three seats): William Bowden (no information submitted), Brian Holtz (incumbent), Steve Jordan (incumbent), Ernest Solomon (incumbent)
- Santa Clara County Board of Education, Area 1 (one seat): David Cortright and Grace Mah (incumbent)
- Foothill-De Anza Community College District (three seats): Joan Barram, Betsy Bechtel, Laura Casas-Frier, and Geby Espinosa
- El Camino Hospital District (three seats): Wesley F. Alles (incumbent), Dennis W. Chiu, Bill James, Julia E. Miller, John Zoglin (incumbent)
- State Senate District 13
- State Assembly, District 24 (Richard S. Gordon, D-Menlo Park v. George Chengzhi Yang, R-Menlo Park)
- US Congress, District 18 (Anna Eshoo
- US Senate (Dianne Feinstein, Democrat, incumbent, v. Elizabeth Emken, Republican)
- US President (Barack Obama, Democrat v. Mitt Romney, Republican)
County Ballot Measures Guide: What Los Altos Voters Need to Know
- Measure A - One-Eighth Cent Sales Tax
- Measure B - Safe, Clean Water Program
- Measure M - El Camino Hospital District Pay Cap For Executives
Propositions 30-40 - Patch's guide to all the California propositions