The 10 a.m. to noon program will be at the Millbrae Community Center, 477 Lincoln Circle, Millbrae, and is co-hosted by the City of Millbrae and Mayor Wayne Lee.
Joining Hill will be representatives from the San Mateo County Health System and Service Employees International Union-United Healthcare Workers West. The event will be set up in meeting rooms D, E and F.
The panel discussion will focus on Covered California, Medi-Cal expansion and the Health Plan of San Mateo County. A question-and-answer session with the audience will follow the program.
Those attending the program will have a chance to enroll in Covered California with help from certified enrollment counselors from SEIU-UHW. Those planning to enroll at the event should bring the following documents with them:
- A valid ID, such as a driver’s license or passport for each adult applying for the program.
- Any piece of postmarked mail sent to the applicant’s California address.
- 2012 income tax filings (including dependent tax information and head-of-household status).
- A birth certificate, passport or permanent resident card for each person applying.
- Also required are the birth date, Social Security number, home address and ZIP code for each family member applying for coverage.
Open enrollment in the Covered California program ends March 31, 2014.
Admission is free and open to the public, but because space is limited, reservations are suggested and can be made by calling Sen. Hill’s district office at 650-212-3313 or by visiting his webpage at senate.ca.gov/2958/millbraeforum.