The City of Los Altos in collaboration with the Los Altos Police Department and Santa Clara County Fire Department is pleased to offer FREE Personal Emergency Preparedness classes to Los Altos residents.
When a disaster strikes, it may be hours or even days before emergency medical, police and fire are able to respond in your neighborhood. It is important for individuals and families to be prepared to be self-sufficient for the first 72 hours following a disaster. This 3-hour Personal Emergency Preparedness course is designed to prepare citizens to cope in the event of a disaster.
Emergency Preparedness topics include:
- Earthquake emergency supplies to have available
- The impact of an area-wide disaster for individuals and community
- What to do when your phones don’t work—how to contact your family members
- When and how to turn gas, electrical and water off
- Fire safety and how to use a fire extinguisher
- Household hazardous materials
All residents are encouraged to take advantage of this FREE resource.
Upcoming Training Dates
- Monday, June 23, 2014: 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Monday, July 14, 2014: 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 19, 2014: 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Register online at www.losaltosrecreation.org, search for course code 830813. You can also register in-person at the Hillview Community Center, located at 97 Hillview Avenue in Los Altos.