Here are five things happening today that make living in the communities of Los Altos and Los Altos Hills so special. Enjoy, engage and enlighten today:
1. Los Altos Farmers Market: 4:30-8:00 p.m. Come on downtown to State Street for the Thursday evening. It's one of two farmers markets that Los Altos is lucky to have. The produce is terrific, but so are the crafts booths where you can get handcrafted accessories and jewelry. And remember that you can head right on across San Antonio Road for some classic rock 'n' roll at the .
2. The Los Altos Hills Town Council: 7 p.m. Town Council chambers. The council meets one more time in public session and considers many items before taking its summer recess. Among may things on the agenda are four public hearings and updates on the Arastradero Path, the Fremont Road Bike Path and a traffic consultant's report on Buena Vista Drive and Moody/Page Mill Road intersection. Horse owners using the public arena at Purisima Fields may be happy to learn that an ordinance prohibiting use of motorized models is scheduled to receive its final reading before becoming law.
3. : 3 p.m., , 321 University Ave. If you've been wondering what's next in the big First Street Project, come to the first of weekly public updates at the Chamber. Feel free to make suggestions, even if it's to comment on Apricot Annie! If you can't go, updates will be posted on the First Street Los Altos Project website
4. : 12 noon, , 111 Main St. If you're downtown at lunchtime, take a moment for yourself to reset before the weekend. It will make the afternoon and, perhaps, all of Friday that much easier to plow through.
5. and , 10:15 a.m. and 7 p.m. respectively. , 13 S San Antonio Rd. You can concentrate on the snuggling and let someone else read and do the page-turning. How great is that?