Residents walked into the station to report a fraud case and a bicycle theft, Monday. Meanwhile someone damaged the lock on a small shed at the Children's Corner preschool at Hillview Community Center.
1. Malicious Mischief
- 8:34 a.m., Hillview Community Center, Vandalism, cold report. Agent Mark Bautista said the lock to a small shed at the Children's Corner preschool had been damaged. The damage was judged as vandalism and not signficant enough to appear to be a burglary attempt, Bautista said.
2. Parking Violation
- 8:37 a.m., Casita Way & Jardin Drive, parking violation complaint, citation issued.
- 9:02 a.m., Homestead Road and Sweet Oak Drive, Cupertino, accident, no injuries, determined to be Sheriff's Office jurisdiction
4. Gas Leaf Blower Complaints
- 9:44 a.m., 400 block of Cuesta Dr. , gas leaf blower violation, warning given
- 9:52 a.m., 1000 block of Covington Road, gas leaf blower violation, warning given
- 10:11 a.m., Arthur Court & Granger Avenue, gas leaf blower violation, citation issued
5. Theft and Fraud
- 7:04 p.m., 1000 block of Covington Road, petty theft, walk-in cold report, report taken. A party reported a bicycle was stolen from Blach Jr. High School
- 8:33 p.m., 1300 block of McKenzie Avenue, walk in, fraud report taken. The reporting party said she had received an invoice for items she had neither purchased nor received, using a credit card she did not possess.
The preceding incidents are from the Los Altos Police log on Monday, April 30, 2012. All incidents listed are initial reports. When there are arrests mentioned in our daily logs, it does not mean there was a conviction.