The following information was supplied by the Los Altos Police Department. Wherever arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction. A full report for the week will follow on Saturday.
Information provided by Sgt. Brent Butler.
1. Threats: 11:06 a.m., 199 Main Street; customer went into a Chase Bank branch and threatened employees with harm. Customer contacted and told if he returned to the business, it would lead to an arrest. Report taken.
2. Water leak: 7:39 a.m., 100 block of Lyell Street; a water meter was leaking. Cal Water responded and fixed.
3. Medical emergency: 8:47 a.m., 3600 block of Grant Road; 911 hang-up, police called back and determined resident needed medical attention. Santa Clara County Fire along with medics responded.
4. Mail Theft: 3:21 p.m., 900 block of St. Joseph Avenue; residents' outgoing mail was taken from mail box. Report taken.
5. DUI arrest: 1:08 a.m., Wilkie Way and Charleston Road; Jesus Moreno, 30, was driving under the influence. Booked into Santa Clara County Jail.