Los Altos Patch would like to commend quick-working officers and firefighters today for assistance rendered for our feline friends in south Los Altos. Police and Fire came to the rescue of a cat stuck in a chimney—perhaps, much to the relief of the homeowner—at 3 a.m.!
1. Parking Violation Complaints
- 7:16 a.m., 00 block of Loucks Avenue, report of a vehicle partially blocking the driveway, officer responded and the vehicle was moved
- 9:59 a.m., 00 block of Loucks Avenue, vehicle partially blocking driveway, officer responded and cited
- 3:07 p.m., Jardin Drive & Valencia Drive, parking violation, citation issued
2. Stranded motorist
- 2 p.m., Foothill Expressway and El Monte Avenue; officer assisted, complete by 2:19 p.m.
3. Fraud: 2:17 p.m.
- 1600 block of Colleen Drive, fraud, cold report taken
4. Hit and Run Accident, no injuries
- 6:00 p.m., S. San Antonio Road & Foothill Expressway, report of hit-and-run accident, no injuries, officer responded. Information only.
5. Cat Stuck
- 2:59 a.m. 2000 block of Crist Drive; report of cat in a chimney, police responded with Fire Dept. and removed cat. Assistance rendered. Complete at 3:20 a.m.
The preceding are reports from the Los Altos Police log. All incidents listed are initial reports. A fuller report will come on the weekend wrap-up. When there are arrests mentioned in our daily logs, it does not mean there was a conviction.