Eric Harris, 24, of San Jose, May 24, 2:30 a.m., at Highway 85 and Saratoga Road in Saratoga, for preventing/dissuading a witness victim and second-degree attempted robbery. Bail set at $50,000.
- Tobia Bruno, 78, of Los Altos, May 24, 7:30 p.m., at 680 Greenview in Los Altos, for battery on former spouse, fiance or cohabitant. Bail set at $10,000.
- Marc Tognietti, 41, of Gilroy, May 25, 10:55 a.m., at the South County Courthouse in Morgan Hill, for battery on specified person and resisting, delaying or obstructing a peace officer.
- Joyce Chan, 23, of Cupertino, May 23, 11:45 p.m., at De Anza Boulevard and Bollinger Road in Cupertino, for DUI.
- Nicholas Contreras, 22, of Santa Clara, May 25, 2:40 a.m., at Saratoga and Kosich in Saratoga, for DUI.
- Rachelle Sander, 30, of Cupertino, May 25, 9:28 p.m., at Highway 9 and Fruitvale in Campbell, for DUI.
Selling Stolen Property
Michael Heredia, 19, of Gilroy, May 24, 10:45 a.m., at 200 W. Hedding St. and Guadalupe in San Jose, for selling or aiding in the selling of stolen property.
- George Matthews, 33, of Campbell, May 24, 11:15 a.m., at Curtner and Become avenues in Campbell, for rearrest for probation violation, parole hold, and possession of controlled substance.
- Christopher Martinez, 20, of Los Gatos, May 24, 2:57 p.m., at the Santa Clara County Superior Court, Dept. 65, 115 Terraine St. in San Jose, for possession of controlled substance, paraphernalia. Bail set at $50,000.
- Deep Khangura, 23, of Saratoga, May 24, 11:30 p.m., at Bucknall and Paseo Presada in Saratoga, for possession of marijuana in vehicle and possession of marijuana/hash for sale. Bail set at $11,000.
- Thomas Friebel, 55, of San Martin, May 25, 4:16 a.m. at Monterey Road and Cox in San Martin, for possession of a controlled substance and using/being under the influence of a controlled substance. Bail set at $15,000.
- Ruben Telles, 39, of Salinas, May 25, 9 a.m., at the South County Courthouse in Morgan Hill, for possession of a controlled substance.
- Andrew Wu, 19, of San Jose, March 23, 12:25 a.m., at Menhart Lane and Moretti Drive in Cupertino, for being in possession of an alcoholic beverage and being under age.
- Connor Criddle, 19, of Cupertino, March 23, 12:25 a.m., at Menhart Lane and Moretti Drive in Cupertino, for being in possession of an alcoholic beverage and being under age.
- Joseph Garber, 19, of Cupertino, March 23, 12:25 a.m., at Menhart Lane and Moretti Drive in Cupertino, for being in possession of an alcoholic beverage and being under age.
- Louis Garcia, 57, of Saratoga, May 25, 11:08 a.m., at 19110 Dagmar Drive in Saratoga, for battery on non-cohabitant/cohabitant/former spouse and inflicting corporal injury on spouse/cohabitant. Bail set at $10,000.
- Allen Fong, 58, of Cupertino, May 25, 11:25 a.m., at Holly Oak Drive and Bubb Road in Cupertino, for battery on former spouse, fiance or cohabitant. Bail set at $10,000.
Stephen Gutierrez, 21, of Gilroy, May 24, 6:30 p.m., at 8455 El Matador Drive, for anal/vaginal penetration of foreign object of person under the age of 16, oral copulation with person under 16 and rape while victim was intoxicated or drugged.
Vehicle Code Violations
- Alfredo Vera, 49, of Salinas, May 24, 3 p.m., at Stevens Canyon Road and Ricardo in Cupertino, for having a dirt load not covered and not having a motor carrier original application. Bail set at $562.
Editor's Note: If charges are dropped or you are found not guilty, call Patch Editor Sheila Sanchez at 408-391-8725. Anyone with tips on local crime may report a crime online, or call the Santa Clara County Sheriff's Office at 408-808-4431.