Detectives investigating a at the in downtown Davis believe it was part of a series that included Los Altos, Cupertino, and—most recently—Redwood City.
The bearded and bespectacled suspect, captured in bank surveillance photos, appears similar to the person who held up the and Sunnyvale branch on Hollenbeck Avenue near Homestead High School . Days earlier, a man similar in appearance in Cupertino. In those cases, the robbery took place without the suspect displaying a weapon, and was over very quickly. Photos of the man had already circulated among employees of the branches.
U.S. Bank has offered up to a $25,000 reward for information leading to the identification and arrest of the suspect, who is believed to have robbed the following branches:
- September 1: U.S. Bank in South San Francisco.
- October 12: U.S. Bank in Fremont
- October 19: U.S. Bank in Cupertino
- October 24: U.S. Bank Los Altos
- October 24: U.S. Bank in Sunnyvale
- December 20: U.S. Bank in
- December 20: U.S.
- December 22: U.S. Bank in Redwood City
The FBI, the Davis Police Department, and other local jurisdictions are in the process of investigating these robberies. In each case, the suspect presented a note but did not display any actual weapons.
"We are asking for the public’s help in identifying the suspect," said Lt. Paul Doroshov. "Keep in mind that hair styles and facial hair can be easily altered."
If you have any information leading to the identity of this person, you are encouraged to contact one of the phone numbers listed below:
- San Francisco FBI Field Office: 415-553-7400
- Sacramento FBI Field Office: 916-481-9110
- Davis Police Department: 530-747-5400
- US Bank Security Hotline: 800-685-5515