We've provided a picture of a loose turkey from last year, just to show it's happened before.
The Los Altos Police log for March 11 also has some incidents of weightier nature, from the violation of a restraining order, to a citation issued for driving on a suspended license.
And one more thing: Who calls 911 to report a parking violation, anyway (one that turns out to be unfounded, to boot)?
- 8:54 a.m., 911, 800 block of University Avenue; vandalism, officer responded and assisted
- 10:14 a.m., 911, 00 block of Sylvian Way; report of loose turkeys, unable to locate
- 1:02 p.m., Parma Way and Fremont Avenue, loose dog, reported to Animal Services for a response
- 11:04 a.m., walk-in, 900 block of Fremont Avenue; grand theft, cold report, report taken
- 5:18 a.m., 3/12, 2220 Homestead Court; theft from unsecured vehicle, information only at this time, no report desired
Gas Leaf Blower
- 2:11 p.m., S. San Antonio Road and Third Street; leaf blower, officer responded and subject was reprimanded and released
Driving on a Suspended License
- 2:18 p.m., Foothill Expressway and I-280; driving on a suspended license, subject was issued a misdemeanor citation and released
- 4:26 p.m., walk-in, Angela Drive and Sioux Lane; report of a suspicious vehicle, officer responded and was unable to locate
Restraining Order Violation
- 4:56 p.m., 911, 600 block of El Monte Avenue; restraining order violation, officers responded and report taken
- 5:14 p.m., 911, 301 State Street; parking violation complaint, officers responded and determined it to be unfounded