What a day it was! Los Altos Police and firefighters hunted for a teeny fire, encountered a citizen who found a loose dog, and, among other things, stopped two drivers operating vehicles on suspended licenses (unsolicted piece of advice coming: Don't drive in such a way as to attract attention when you're driving with a suspended license.)
The following information was supplied by the Los Altos Police Department. Wherever arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction. A fuller report from the week ending June 22 will follow on Monday.
- 7:59 a.m., Foothill Expressway, and Interstate 280, driving on a suspended license, Jose Andrade, 38, of San Jose, was stopped for a traffic violation. He was cited or driving on a suspended license, and released according to Los Altos Police Sgt. Cameron Shearer.
- 4:16 p.m., S. El Monte Ave and University Ave., Christopher Webster, 24, of San Jose, was stopped for a traffic violation. He was cited for driving on a suspended license, and released, Shearer said.
- 8:06 a.m., radio, I-280 and Foothill Expressway, LAH, a non-injury collision, property damage only, officer assisted parties with names exchange
- 8:29 a.m., direct dial, 70 Loucks Ave., parking violation complaint, car was parked in front of a fire hydrant, citation issued
- 11:54 a.m., 100 block of Pasa Robles Ave, walk in; identity theft; victim's credit card company stopped a third party from taking out a credit card in victim's name; report taken
- 1:53 p.m., 911, 1174 Los Altos Ave., disturbance, civil issue, officer helped parties resolve issue. Sgt Shearer said a cab driver called the police after a man he had picked up at the airport objected to the cost, saying that the driver had represented it would cost much less, and that the man had decided not to take a shuttle based on that information.
- 3:14 p.m., 911, Foothill Expressway & El Monte Ave, report of small fire in the median, police and fire department responded and were unable to locate.
- 4:58 p.m., wire, Foothill Expressway and Main St., report of small fire in center of median. "It was a little teeny bit of smoke in the median, maybe a cigarette or mulch," Sgt Shearer said. The Los Altos Fire Department described it as smoldering bark.
- 5:58 p.m., direct dial; 500 block of Distel Drive, residential burglary, cold report, report taken. The burglar or burglars entered through a bathroom window, said Los Altos Police Sgt. Cameron Shearer, and left with an undetermined dollar amount in electronics and jewelry.
7:23 p.m., 477 Fremont Av., dog running at large, reporting party contained animal and will be transporting to animal services