The Los Altos Police Bulletin for Dec. 15 to 16 reveals a quiet weekend, but lots of watchful eyes, and some construction noise disturbing the peace on both days.
- 8:22 a.m., 900 block of San Antonio Road; construction causing noise disturbance outside of permitted hours, warning given
Suspicious Person / Circumstances/Vehicle
- 8:30 a.m., 4856 El Camino Real; suspicious subject, subject contacted, no crime, field interview completed
- 11:31 a.m., 500 block of Camellia Avenue; suspicious person, subject contacted, no crime, out for a walk
- 12:12 p.m., 800 block of Lockhaven Avenue; suspicious circumstances, no indication of a crime, information only
- 12:37 p.m., Fallen Leaf Lane and Victoria Court; late-reported suspicious subject, information relayed to patrol and nearby agencies
- 12:56 a.m.200 block of Covington Road; suspicious occupied vehicle, vehicle gone on officer’s arrival
- 1:14 p.m., Oak Avenue and Marinovich Way, suspicious occupied vehicle, gone on officer’s arrival
- 8:04 p.m., Alvarado Avenue and Panchita Way; suspicious circumstances, no report taken
Driving on a Suspended License
- 9:21 a.m.; St. Joseph Avenue and Foothill Expressway; driving with a suspended license, driver Armando Baena 49 , of San Jose, was cited to appear and released, according to Los Altos Police Sgt. Cameron Shearer.
- 11:03 p.m., San Antonio Road and Fayette Drive, M.V., driving with a suspended license, subject cited
- 9:29 a.m., 300 block of Arboleda Drive; petty theft, cold report, theft of sunglasses and miscellaneous items from an unlocked vehicle parked in the driveway, said Shearer. A report was taken.
- 10:43 a.m., 1000 block of Los Altos Avenue; possible sewer backup, Municipal Services advised
- 12:08 p.m., 1400 block of Miravalle Avenue; identity theft, information only. The suspect attempted to open multiple accounts and made fraudulent charges on victim’s credit card, Shearer said.
- 1:04 p.m., Warec Way and Cypress Drive; possible unlicensed solicitor, officer checked area and was unable to locate
- 8:13 p.m., 2100 block of Fallen Leaf Lane; attempted residential burglary, report taken. According to Sgt. Shearer, a sliding glass door was smashed and two bikes of unknown value were taken. The burglary occurred between 8:00pm Dec. 14 and 8:00pm Dec. 15.
- 10:17 a.m., 200 block of Cherry Avenue; subpoena service, successful
- 10:35 a.m., walk-in, 700 block of Woodstock Ln, $8 in quarters were takend from an unsecured vehicle overnight, said Sgt. Shearer. No report was desired, and police were called simply to report the incident had occurred.
- 11:59 a.m., 1000 block of Seena Avenue; construction noise causing a disturbance, warning given