The Los Altos Police log for March 26 contained one very salient point: Try to remember your purse when you dine and place it on the floor.
Agent Neal Randles said one woman forgot to do so after withdrawing cash at Citibank and then caught a bite to eat at the Main Street Cafe next door. She left her purse on the floor and failed to take it with her when she left the restaurant. When she returned after 4:30 p.m., it was gone.
Agent Randles said there has also been a lot of stolen mail and packages lately. Never put mail out and put the flag up, he said. Try to always arrange to sign for package delivery instead of opting for the package to be left. Sure they could end up stealing just a paperback book from Amazon, or the contents could be more valuable. "It's just like Christmas, for thieves," he said. From a thief's point of view you might as well take it because, "You never know."
- 7:27 a.m., 400 block of Tyndall St., abandoned vehicle, vehicle tagged
- 6:13 p.m., 1700 block of Marshall Court; abandoned vehicle , vehicle tagged by officer
- 7:29 a.m., 400 block of Tyndall St., theft, undefined cold report, theft of package, no report
- 8:33 a.m., 1800 block of Farndon Avenue; burglary, residential, cold, storage trailer door hinges cut, and power washer and texture machine worth $5,000 were stolen
Suspicious person / Circumstances
- 8:41 a.m., 00 block of Los Altos Square; suspicious person, officer checked the area and was unable to locate
- 7:48 p.m., walk-in, 100 block of Sylvian Way, suspicious circumstances, officer made contact and cleared, no report
- 11:05 a.m., walk-in, 500 block of Rosita, gun brought in for destruction, report taken
- 2:33 p.m., walk-in, 200 block of Solana Drive; ammunition brought in for destruction, report taken
- 2:21 p.m. Portland Avenue and Grant Road; subject was parked in church lot, found with outstanding traffic warrants, arrested and booked at county jail in San Jose.
- 4:37 p.m., 134 Main Street, Main Stret Café; grand theft, cold report, Sgt Neal Randles said a woman had withdrawn an undisclosed amount of cash at the Citibank next door. She went into the café to eat. When she left, she inee and left her purse under the table. When she returned, the purse was gone. The loss exceeded $950.
- 5:40 p.m., S. San Antonio Road and Foothill Expressway; disturbance aboard a bus, reported to Santa Clara County, officers unable to locate
- 9:16 p.m., 911, El Camino Real and San Antonio Road; disabled motorist, assistance given
- 9:17 p.m., Third Street and Main Street; traffic collision, no injuries, parties exchanged information, no assistance needed