The following are incidents of note that appeared on the Los Altos Police daily log for July 11. All reports are initial; a follow-up report of the week will appear on Monday.
- 8:44 a.m., 1120 Covington Road (Blach Intermediate School), cold report, arson report taken. Agent Brian Jeffrey said police had received a report that a garbage can was on fire. Police and fire arrived on scene. The can contained burnt trash, and the cause is undetermined. There is no suspect information.
- 10:58 a.m.,1000 block of Runnymead Court, identity theft, report taken. Agent Jeffrey said the victim contacted police to report that her name and personal information had been used to open various accounts. She became aware of this when a package arrived that she did not order. She contacted the company that sent it, which told her an account was opened in her name.
- 11:18 a.m., Alvarado Avenue & San Antonio Road, report of parking violation, officer responded and cited
Fire Department Assist
- 3:54 p.m, 171 Main Street, fire assist. Agent Jeffrey said someone had accidentally locked a baby inside a vehicle. The Fire Department ended up breaking the window and got the baby out.
- 5:35 p.m., 1100 block of W. Rose Circle, suspicious person, police responded, made contact
- 8:55 p.m, 1400 block of Fallen Leaf Lane, suspicious subjects, police responded, information
- 11:33 p.m., 100 block of University Avenue, noise complaint, police responded, reprimand and release