The Los Altos Police log for July 13 to 15 is a fat one.
Friday the 13th really was a bummer for about a dozen drivers, who had their cars towed, either for the Los Altos Arts & Wine Festival preparations, or for the ongoing enforcement at the Foothill Crossings shopping center. It would have been a baker's dozen, but one car that was ready to go to the tow yard, won a reprieve when its owner arrived just in time keep it off the tow hook. For good measure, two more cars were towed from Foothill Shopping Center to make it an even 14.
Can you get a WUI? One man was arrested for being drunk in public when police caught up with hin on foot.
Dogs were either making trouble by barking too much, or feared to be in trouble by concerned individuals who asked police to check on them as they waited inside parked cars. Cars that they were not where they should have been were tagged. With the Arts & Wine Fesitval in full swing, that meant quite a few.
Lete the list begin. The standard caveat applies with all reported arrests: They do not indicate a conviction.
9:04 a.m., 7/13, 600 block of University Avenue, abandoned vehicle tagged
10:22 a.m., 00 block of Thurston Avenue, abandoned vehicle yellow tagged
- 11:00 a.m., 7/13, 2310 Homestead Road (Foothill Crossing), private property tow
- 1:13 p.m., 2310 Homestead Road, private property tow
- 1:41 p.m., 2310 Homestead Road, private property tow
- 4:28 p.m., 2310 Homestead Road, private property tow
- 4:50 p.m., 2310 Homestead Road, private property tow
- 5:47 p.m., 262 Main Street, Arts and Wine Festival tow
- 5:49 p.m., Plaza Central & Third Street, Arts and Wine Festival tow
- 5:50 p.m., Plaza Central & First Street, Arts and Wine Festival tow
- 5:51 p.m, Plaza Central & First Street, Arts and Wine Festival tow
- 5:55 p.m., Plaza Central & Second Street, Arts and Wine Festival tow
- 6:01 p.m, Plaza Central & Second Street, Arts and Wine Festival tow
- 6:07 p.m, State Street & First Street, tow cancelled, owner arrived and picked up vehicle
- 6:37 p.m., Plaza North & First Street, general tow, Arts and Wine Festival tow
- 11:26 a.m., 7/14, 2310 Homestead Road, private property tow
- 1:59 p.m., 2310 Homestead Road, private property tow
Parking Violation Complaint
- 12:31 p.m., 7/13, walk-in, 200 block of Alvarado Avenue, parking violation
- 5:43 p.m., 2175 Grant Road, report of someone parked in handicapped zone, officer responded and contacted the owner of the vehicle.
- 1:21 p.m., 7/14, First Street & Main Street, parking violation
- 1:53 p.m., 1 N. San Antonio Road, parking violation, gone on officer’s arrival
- 3:00 p.m., 1 N. San Antonio Road, parking violation, warning given
- 7:10 p.m., Third Street & Plaza South, parking violation complaint, owner moved car.
2:10 p.m., 7/13, S. El Monte Ave and Covington Road, warrant arrest. During a traffic stop, police determined the driver had a $10,000 warrant issued by the Santa Clara Police for driving on a suspended driver’s license. Arrested was Anthony Likiliki, 23, of San Jose; booked into the county main jail in San Jose.
Suspicious Vehicle / Person
6:21 p.m., 7/13, Capistrano Way & St. Joseph Avenue, report of a suspicious vehicle, police responded, information
12:18 a.m., 7/14, 600 block of S. El Monte Avenue, report of a suspicious subject, police responded, information only
Animal Call, Misc.
- 7:41 p.m., 7/13, 1575 Holt Avenue, Grant Park, report of dogs off leash, police responded, information only
- 9:15 p.m., 300 block of Richelieu Court, barking dog complaint, police responded, information only
- 9:27 p.m., 1200 block of Carmel Terrace, barking dog complaint, report taken
- 9:49 a.m., 7/14, Plaza North & Third Street, request for welfare check on dog locked in vehicle, officer checked on dog and determined it was not in distress, vehicle parked in shade, windows cracked
- 6:29 a.m., 7/15, Giralda Drive and Springer Road, barking dog causing a noise disturbance, quiet on arrival
- 12:57 p.m., 4940 El Camino Real, request for welfare check on dog locked in vehicle, owners contacted, dog not in distress, information only.
- 1:18 a.m., 7/16, 600 block of Giralda Avenue, barking dog complaint, warning left
- 5:03 a.m, Manresa Way & University Avenue, noise complaint, police responded and could not locate source
- 10:14 p.m., Lincoln Avenue & Palm Avenue, noise disturbance , cleared, unable to locate
- 10:50 p.m., 300 block of University Avenue, noise complaint,
- 11:36 p.m, 1900 block of Churton Avenue, noise disturbance, cleared, reprimand and released.
- 3:20 p.m., 51 S. San Antonio Road, disturbing the peace, officers contacted involved parties, no crime, assistance given
Drunk in Public
10:39 a.m., 7/14, Miramonte Avenue and Portland Avenue, a resident called in, concerned about a man who appeared drunk at the intersection. Police found him walking on the 900 block of Berry Avenue, saw abrasions on his body and assessed he was drunk. Arrested was Terry O’Briant, 54, of Los Altos, who was booked at the main jail in San Jose.
2:57 p.m., 7/14, 911, Hampton Court & Edith Avenue, hit and run, property damage only, report taken
11:19 a.m., 7/15, 2175 Grant Road, traffic collision, no injuries, property damage only, officer assisted with names exchange
3:30 p.m., report of reckless driver relayed to patrol
Municipal Code, General
9:53 p.m., 7/14, Coral Court and Springer Road, municipal code violation, possible fireworks, officers made contact with one individual. Reprimand and release
Outside Agency Assist
4:03 a.m., 7/16, Washington Avenue & Florence Avenue, Sunnyvale, canine assist