Sometimes it's best to get out the GPS and punch in the address before you start driving. Especially when you've had a few with your buddies and you're in a rental car. The tale of how the Cadillac ended up tangling with a tree in front of Adobe Animal Hospital is below, among the calls that the Los Altos Police received on Wednesday, July 18.
- 6:11 a.m., 7/18, 600 block of Giralda Drive, report of barking dog, officer responded
- 9:54 a.m., Fallen Leaf Lane and Stevens Place, report of howling dog, officer responded and it was quiet on arrival and quiet on departure
Municipal Code Violation
- 8:55 a.m., Laureles Drive and Orilla Court, resident complained a contractor was washing cement down the street; officer made contact and found them using accepted ways of cleaning out cement
- 4:59 p.m., Miramonte Avenue and Portland Avenue, report of strawberry vendor, officer responded, and subject was advised of the law
- 8:09 p.m., 1200 block of Golden Way, report of a flash of light, possibly fireworks, police responded and could not locate, information
- 12:48 p.m., 7/18, 2310 Homestead Road (Foothill Crossing), private property tow
- 1:36 p.m., 2310 Homestead Road , private property tow
- 4:11 p.m., 2310 Homestead Road , private property tow
- 4:16 p.m. 2310 Homestead Road , private property tow
Burglaries (that turned out not to be)
- 2:09 p.m., 7/18, 300 block of Pine Lane, residential burglary, cold, report taken; Items were later found on property.
- 11:25 p.m., 700 block of Springer Road, residential burglary, cold, party reported laptop computer was missing. The item was later found by reporting party in another part of the house.
- 3:44 p.m., 7/18, 600 block of Washington Street, petty theft from vehicle, report taken
- 6:33 p.m, 7/18, 1400 block of Miramonte Avenue, public accident report taken
- 7:31 p.m., 7/18, 00 block of Gordon Way, report of vehicle abandoned, vehicle tagged
Hit and Run
- 7:48 p.m., 7/18, 1575 Holt Avenue (Grant Park), hit and run accident, no injuries, report taken
- 11:56 a.m, 7/18, El Camino Real and San Antonio Road, Los Altos Police Agent Neal Randles said a man who had been drinking with friends the nearby Marriott hotel was returning to San Jose. As he was trying to set up the GPS on his rental car to find his way home, he struck a tree in front of Adobe Animal Hospital at 4470 El Camino Real. The single-car crash ripped the front end of the Cadillac the man was driving, Agent Randles said. He was arrested and booked at the county main jail in San Jose.
4:16 a.m., 7/19, 2423 Benjamin Dr., be on the lookout broadcast