The Los Altos Police log shows get-away Friday and the long weekend, that is to say, Feb. 15-19, 2013, was mostly uneventful. Two people were arrested, one for driving under the influence or alcohol, another for being under the influence and possessing a controlled substance. And, having a talk with solicitors in one neighborhood in south Los Altos may mean they pop up later in the neighborhood next door.
Friday, Feb. 15
- 1:09 a.m., 170 State Street; suspicious occupied vehicle, gone on officer’s arrival
- 1:24 a.m., 1300 block of Don Kirk Street; suspicious circumstances, officers checked area, no criminal or suspicious activity found, information only at this time
- 6:38 a.m., 400 block of West Portola Avenue; municipal code violation, officer made contact
Gas Leaf Blower
- 7:48 a.m., 2000 block of El Sereno Avenue; gas leaf blower complaint, officer responded and leaf blower was not in use.
- 10:31 a.m., 911, 1400 block of Elnora Court; family disturbance, officers assisted
- 12:50 p.m., walk in, 1900 block of Noel Drive; identity theft, report taken
- 2:21 p.m., 1600 block of Dalehurst Avenue; solicitor complaint, officers responded, and made contact
- 4:02 p.m., 1600 block of Elmhurst Drive; report of solicitor in area, officers responded and were unable to locate
- 3 p.m., Plaza Centra and Second Street; malicious mischief, cold report, vandalism report taken
- 6:03 p.m., 600 block of El Monte Avenue; tampering with an vehicle, cold.
Sunday, Feb. 16
- 9:02 a.m., N. San Antonio Road and Mt. Hamilton Avenue; Report of dead cat, Animal Control advised
- 11:21 a.m., 200 block of Frances Drive; abandoned vehicles cited
- 1:25 p.m., 4600 block of El Camino Real; non-injury accident, assistance rendered
- 3:18 p.m., 700 block of Orange Avenue; construction noise complaint, reprimand and released
- 10:49 p.m., Sheridan Street and University Avenue; suspicious subjects, officer checked area and was unable to locate
- 11:26 p.m., 200 block of Alta Vista Avenue; suspicious occupied vehicle, gone on officer’s arrival
Sunday, Feb. 17
Health & Safety Violation
- 1:48 a.m., Fremont Avenue and Fallen Leaf Lane; under the influence and possession of a controlled substance, subject was arrested and booked into Santa Clara County main jail.
Monday, Feb. 18
- 12:15 a.m., Jordan Avenue and El Camino Real; driving under the influence, driver arrested and booked into Santa Clara County main jail.
- 4:10 p.m., S. Clark Avenue and Hawthorne Avenue; malicious mischief, cold report, vandalism report taken
- 4:24 p.m., 1000 block of N. San Antonio Road; suspicious circumstances, officers made contact, assistance rendered
- 4:51 p.m., Grant Park; disturbance, officers responded, information only