This column is dedicated to uncovering the five best local deals each week to help your family save money--something we're all trying our best to do these days. Shopping locally brings revenue to our community and lets us get our errands done conveniently close to home.
We appreciate hearing from our readers about the deals you've seen around town! Please add them to our comment box and check in with Frugal Family every Wednesday to see what we've uncovered together.
This week, we've found great savings on meals, groceries, art camp and swimming.
1. Deal: Burger Bash: Half-price burgers every Saturday from 11-4 pm. Patch reader John Berwald tell us the burgers feature "USDA Choice natural Angus ground chuck, hand-formed, griddled and served on a soft Roma Baking Co. potato bun." Yum. Good Through: Saturdays, 11-4pm.
2. Deal: Reader Pierre alerts us to Safeway's just for U program. "Instead of getting a SW card special price of $2.50 (vs. reg price of $3) on avocados, I get them for 97 cents by selecting them on-line in my 'just for U' account" he says. Sign up online and to shop. Good Through: Ongoing.
3. Deal: $49 for a full day of ceramic painting and art camp through MyTownDeal. Good Through: Wednesday, April 13, only.
4. Greenmeadow Pool Deal: Try this South Palo Alto pool out for free from 1-3pm this week, during their annual membership drive. Good Through: Sunday.
5. Deal: $5.99 Le Petit Creme cheese and $3.69 Butternut Squash Risotto? Dinner is served. Good Through: Ongoing.