Did you recently become engaged? Having a baby? Did you just get promoted?
Los Altos Patch wants to help you get the word out.
Our announcements section lets you post free updates about engagements, weddings, births and graduations, right here on Patch. You can upload your cute engagement pics and post the link on your Facebook page. Your friends and family can even leave you congratulatory comments as a lasting reminder of your exciting news.
You can also post announcements if you're trying to raise money for a fundraiser, publicize an award you or your organization has won, or if you want to remember a loved one through an obituary.
All are free on Patch, and if you send an email including the url to email@example.com after you upload your announcement, I will feature it on the front page. What better way to let the world know your news?
The videos above gives a detailed tutorial on how to post your announcement; one shows how you can put up a press release, the other shows how to you can write your own announcement.
You can also just follow the instructions below:
1. Make sure you're logged into www.losaltos.patch.com (if you don't have an account, just create one. It's free)
2. Go to the announcements page by following this link: http://losaltos.patch.com/announcements/new
3. Click on the green box on the top right corner of the page where it says, "Add an Announcement."
4. Fill in your information on the announcement form.
5. Add photos by clicking on "Upload Photos and Videos." We strongly encourage photos for visibility.
6. To post your announcement, scroll to the bottom of the form and click on "Post my Announcement." Your announcement will be live.
7. Now tell others. You can use the url to send to family and friends, post on your networks and spread far and wide!
More prominent exposure: Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like to make sure your announcement runs on the front page of Los Altos Patch. I'll find a place for it.