The average price of a gallon of self-serve regular gasoline in Los Altos is inched over $4 this week, a price much of the rest of California is already paying.
The average price of regular gasoline in California jumped 22.8-cents in the last week to a statewide average of $3.904, according to the state Energy Almanac.
The price of a gallon of gas has already topped $4 in Southern California, averaging $4.03 on Tuesday, according to the AAA Fuel Gauge Report.
The spike in gas prices was traced back to the usual suspects: refinery problems, high crude prices and the costs of converting production lines to California's summer gas blend, the Mercury News reported.
In Los Altos, the cheapest gas isn't in Los Altos. It's next door in Mountain View.
Below are some of the best gas prices available for regular unleaded gasoline in the greater Los Altos area according to Mapquest for gas prices.
- Silicon Valley Valero 59 W El Camino Real, Mountain View: $3.96
- Houtan Petroleum 101 E El Camino Real, Mountain View: $3.96
- Sunnyvale Valero 750 S Bernardo Ave., Sunnyvale: $3.98
- Shell 1708 Miramonte Ave, Mountain View, $4.01
- Chevron Station 2300 Homestead Rd, Los Altos, $4.06